Friday 9 October 2015

Battle of BB creams !! - Who emerges a winner ?

Hello all you lovelies !!

So , as was promised in the inception of my blog, I will only review products or give my opinion on them after a detailed period of use and in all possible circumstances !Each of the below mentioned product has been loved and put to use for a good 3 months .

Being the beauty hoarder that I am, I have in varying times , got myself BB creams to find my Holy grail product....And have I ? Read on to find out ..


BB creams in literal mean "Beauty Balms" .What they are in real is just a tinted moisturiser basically with some add on goodie products for skincare . For an average day , it should provide a neat base without looking too cake-y or made up.

Best BB cream for combination skin

 BB creams in general make the following claims and lets see which one really lives up to every expectation.

-Minimise the appearance of pores
-Evens out skin tone
-Controls shine all day
-Smoothen out skin tone
-Prevent blemishes
-Gives all day coverage
-Oil free formula if specified.

Yeah. That is quite a handful of claims but realistically speaking a good light to medium coverage with some minimising effect on pores , an overall uniform skin tone and an ability to keep the oils at bay is what I would look for in my ideal BB cream.Without much ado , lets get to the review.

1- Garnier BB cream Miracle Skin Perfector for combination to oily skin in the shade "Medium".

This one was released as a sequel to the the original Garnier BB cream that was such a rage .Since I belong to the world of combination to oily skin , I went for this in order to try out.

Battle of BB creams !! - Who emerges a winner ?
Applied one stroke on the left
blended well on the right 
It minimises pores and conceals imperfections , does give the skin a naturally smooth ,flawless finish and also blends in with skin tone.So whats missing ??  It does not keep the skin matte or oil free , unfortunately and thats the whole purpose of this product. If one needs additional mattifying powders to keep oil at bay , thats not making our lives easier , is it? For those of you living in cooler climates, and does not mind the occasional powdering ,this is indeed a good product for it lives to almost all of its claims.

My rating-3.75 /5




2-Rimmel BB cream Matte 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup in the shade "Medium".
Battle of BB creams !! - Who emerges a winner ?
Applied one stroke on the left
blended well on the right 
One of the first cosmetic brands to release a good coverage BB cream in the Middle east. A very affordable price tag, and a heavy name of "9 in 1" to accompany it. Since it being a cosmetic brand originally, the coverage you get is amazing.Skin tone is unified and pores get smaller in appearance .Oil control is not too bad.The only personal issue I had with this product was the shade .Medium turned out to be dark and light was too light.If I were to mix the two , probably I would get an appropriate shade but thats just so troublesome !

My rating -4/5










3-MAC Studio Moisture Tint with Spf 15 in the shade "Medium dark".


Battle of BB creams !! - Who emerges a winner ?
Applied one stroke on the left
blended well on the right 
Now I do have a soft spot for MAC. Lets not hide that.I had a huge baggage of expectation while i purchased this product.The shade matched well.And i honestly didn't think of anything that could go wrong with it then. To my dismay though ! The product in itself was quite thick and felt like a light weight foundation on its own.it applied quite well but through the day , I noticed how oxidised it got on me! I surely looked darker and more orange and thats not something I would have wanted out of this  :( Well,I could make it work with some effort and a bit more additional powders but then it completely beats the purpose right ?

My rating-3/5









4-Ponds Age Miracle BB+ Anti ageing BB  cream in the shade "Beige".


Battle of BB creams !! - Who emerges a winner ?
Applied one stroke on the left
blended well on the right 
This happened to be the most affordable product among the three and with that my expectations were also very reasonable.Ponds releases BB creams in two formulations. A pink tube with whitening effects and a red one with anti ageing. I opted for the red one. I slapped this one with my clean bare fingers andI instantly loved how it merged on my skin ! This product for me , is a God send and the shades they have is a big relief from the usual "fair-medium-dark". Obviously all the skin tones in the world cannot be grouped in three such trivial markings .The shade beige is a perfect colour for my NC 42 skin. You also get a whopping 30 Spf which means no need to slap on a separate sunscreen !
All in all , I am in love :)

My rating-4/5







Do you use BB creams as well or are you on the lookout for a good one ? Do comment below !

Until next time,
xoxo.






7 comments :

  1. Great job...keep on with this, till then adious amigos.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey !! So nice to see a comment here from you ! Thanks for the support !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep blogging. ..shama....Thakarthu♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy dear...thank you so much for those kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess Maybelline was the first to introduce BB cream in the Indian market. It was such a hit here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. True that Sree...They are still very good !

    ReplyDelete
  7. True that Sree...They are still very good !

    ReplyDelete