Thursday 26 November 2015

Do we have a dupe for the Smashbox photofinish primer ?



Smashbox primer dupe ELF


Hello lovelies !
Its been a while , but I'm back at what I love doing again !
The Smashbox photofinish primer has been my aide for about 3 years now . I got myself a sample size while I was in the UK and pretty regular use ( whenever I wore foundation that is ) and it has lasted me all this while . Id b referring to the Smashbox photofinish primer as SPP from here on . As you can see, Ive loved every bit of it. What I didn't like , however , was the exorbitant price.

The SPP retails at $36 (approx Aed 180 ) which is definitely a hefty price tag . I got myself the sample size for £12 three years ago and that is what has lasted me all this while. So , though there is value for money , it IS a big investment for most. So I have been on the lookout for something that performs just well but for way less. And I was lucky to lay my hands on this little beauty.

The Elf mineral infused face primer comes in a plastic bottle with a convenient pump that pumps put just the right amount for each use. It contains 14 ml of product and brace yourself .......retails at only $ 6 !! That's approx 20 Aed  ! For three times the product in a tube of SPP for one third of the cost , you really cannot go wrong here.

How did they look, feel and perform ?

Smashbox primer dupe ELFThe SPP looks milky white in the tube as well as when applied as a blob. The Elf primer pumped out a clear pearl sized amount. On blending, they blended just the same and gave a very smooth , silicone-y finish to the face. Foundations over both the primers performed exactly the same . Neither controls oil to a good extent and is not the primary function of these primers as well. What they do claim is
Smooth canvas for foundation or powder to go on 
Blurred pores and fine lines 
Increased longevity of whatever is applied on top.
Smashbox primer dupe ELF
And both of them , stay true to their claims exacly alike. So when you can get a product for way lesser than a higher end one that also performs just the same , I see no reasoning in spending your hard earned money over the SPP . If you are on a budget or just generally are on a lookout for an affordable primer,  look no further. This one here, performs.


I got the Elf primer from iherb.com for Aed 21 and the SPP is available at all Sephoras for approx Aed 160. 
If you are in the UK, you can purchase the ELF primer for £4.40 here! and if you are in India  can purchase it  here ! 

DO you use face primers? Have you tried either of these ? Once you do use a good primer , you will never look behind again ! DO comment on what your thoughts are !

Much love
xoxo


0 comments :

Post a Comment